Enhances texture and shelf life of dairy based frozen confections. Very low dosage.
Dry and cool (68- 72ºF, 20- 22ºC)
Mono and diglycerides of fat, locust bean gum, sodium alginate, guar gum, carrageenan, standardized with sugar
To retard the formation of large ice crystals and large fat globules. Improves texture and shelf life of ice cream.
Dosage: add 0.5% of total mass of all other ingredients (5g per 1kg).
Dose can range from 0.25-0.60%.
Typical ice cream production:
Weigh all the ingredients.
Mix the Cremodan 30 with 1/4 (by weight) of the sugar.
Mix remaining sugar with dextrose and glucose powder or other sweeteners.
- Blend milk well with strong agitation. Place over heat.
- At 25ºC/ 77ºF, add the powered dairy product.
- At 30°C/ 86ºF, add the sugar/dextrose/glucose mix.
- At 35°C/ 95ºF, add the heavy cream or melted butter.
- At 45ºC/ 113ºF, add the sugar/Cremodan 30 mixture.
- Bring to a full boil.
- Remove from heat. Cover with plastic film. Cool as quickly as possible.
- Mature for 1 to 4 hours minimum. Best maturation occurs after 12 hours. Immediately before processing, add the fruit puree and mix.