Dry and cool (68- 72ºF, 20- 22ºC)
Gelatin, locust bean gum, cellulose gum, guar gum, milk whey protein concentrate, standardized with dextrose
To retard the formation of large ice crystals in sorbets. Improves emulsification and extends shelf life with proper texture.
Dosage: add 0.3% of total mass of all other ingredients (3g per 1kg).
Dosage range: 0.2-0.6%
Typical sorbet production:
Weigh all the ingredients.
- Mix the stabilizer with 1/4 (by weight) of the sugar.
- Mix remaining sugar with dextrose and glucose powder.
- Warm water to 25°C/ 77ºF
- At 30°C/ 86ºF, add the sugar/dextrose/glucose mix.
- At 45°C/ 113ºF, add the sugar/stabilizer mix.
- Bring to a full boil. 5- Remove from heat.
- Cover with plastic film. Cool as quickly as possible.
- Mature for 1 to 4 hours minimum. Best maturation occurs after 12 hours.
- Immediately before processing, add the fruit puree. Mix.