Vanilla Planifolia stock originated in Mexico, vanilla’s birthplace, but cuttings were taken to other tropical regions in the 1700s. This type of vanilla is ideal for use in baking, as well as desserts such as ice cream and crème brulee. In the 1800s, the French developed large plantations on the Bourbon Islands (now called Reunion) off the coast of Madagascar, hence the name Bourbon Vanilla.
We hope you get as much satisfaction from this ground vanilla powder in your recipes as we do in bringing it to you. Native Vanilla is about a lot more than vanilla. We are a company that is passionate about helping people. We strive to improve communities in Papua New Guinea by providing training and resources to micro-farmers. Then they can raise the yield and quality of their crop thereby improving their financial security. Native Vanilla is focused on, assisting around 400 micro-farmers, with plans to double that number within a year. When you purchase Native Vanilla products remember this; you’re not only getting the world’s finest vanilla; you’re also doing a world of good.
Quantity: 1 lb
Gourmet Vanilla Bean Pods (1 lb) - Native Vanilla
Grade A Bourbon Vanilla Beans 5-7 inches long
• NV Reserve Vanilla Beans are the highest quality vanilla beans
• Our vanilla pods are plump, oily, black/dark brown, and contain 30-35% moisture
• Perfect in baked goods, cheesecakes, custards, crème brulee, ice cream and sweet breads
• Ethically sourced and grown by micro-farmer cooperative in Papua New Guinea
• Hand selected with the finest curing process and vacuum sealed for freshness
Ingredients: Whole Cured Vanilla Beans